Sunday, August 16, 2009

New crochet book!!

Yea, I needed it like another hole in the head, as the saying goes. But I've been coveting it for a few months now and had a 40% off coupon! $12 plus tax ain't bad. It's called Tasty Crochet by Rose Langlitz and it's pure amazingness. 33 patterns for food!!! Augh! I'm in love! I'll know be able to make all sorts of breakfast, lunch, dinner, sides, snacks and dessert foods! Including but not limited to: bacon, eggs, bagel (w/ cream cheese!), toaster pastries, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (or if I use white it could be FLUFF!! oh, I'm all over that one!!), peanuts, a bowl of salad, pumpkin pie, a nutty ice cream cone and on and on. It's all pretty amazing I must say! I may have to bust a Julie/Julia and crochet my way through the book, haha. All the while blogging about it of course. Some how I think that would be a MUCH easier feat than the whole french cuisine cookbook thing.

I'm currently working on another knitting and crochet project that is a bit underwraps at the moment. It's for a present, not that I think the person is reading my blog, but just in case. I thought the crochet portion was going to be easier, but it was not! I had to take it apart part way through and restart. I still managed to mess it up a bit in the middle, but I didn't have time to re-re-work it. It only looks slightly wonky, haha. I haven't attached all the pieces because, like any good yarn worker finishing off is one of the least enjoyable parts of the whole process. And if you happen to love that part the best, let me know. Maybe we can work something out... I don't know which I dislike more crocheting off the chain row or weaving in all the ends and all that stuff. Blech. Good thing all that middle stuff is so enjoyable. The knitted piece of the project came along much more smoothly. I'm off to go finish it. I'll have pictures by next week.

Man, as soon as I finish this one I can start in on my book!!!! Oh the joy and excitement coursing through my veins. Yup, I'm that dorky and proud of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment