Thursday, August 6, 2009

Cupcake Craziness!!!!

Boy have I been busy!! I've been a cupcake machine in the past week. I made 2 kinds for my birthday last Thursday, then I made these intricate ones for my sister's baby shower.

The first ones I made were a revisit from my cupcakes!

Name: Chocolate Mousse Cupcakes
Soundtrack: New Kids on the Block... all of the albums on shuffle

Man it was a hot one this afternoon! So naturally it wa
s the right time to bake cupcakes, bleah! I had to refrigerate the mousse before applying to the cupcakes to firm it up a bit.
I had been anticipating the making (and more importantly eating!!!) of these delicious little cakes for a few weeks leading up to this wonderful day. Wonderful, because, yes it was my birthday, but because these cupcakes are AMAZING. I have been told this by others as well, but wouldn't care if I hadn't. I find them quite delightful (in case you haven't figured that out, haha).

I mean, look at them! I'm salivating just looking at them. Anyway. Nothing eventful happened, I don't think, while making them. As I said it was hot and it was my birthday. I had all the ingredients, no substituting hot chocolate for baking chocolate this time, lol. I also made these into mini cupcakes as well. I first downgraded them from big top cupcakes to regular size and now I present you the miniest version!
So adorable and bite size! But as you can see the mousse was a bit melty by the time I got to these guys. I coulda put it back in the fridge, but just needed to be done with them. I had plans for another kind and needed a break first.

Name: Fudge Marble Cupcakes
Soundtrack: CSI marathon on in the other room and so
me random music

I promised these ones to the owner of the bar where I wa
s having my party. He said they were is favorite kind and I was happy to oblige. I wanted to make 2 kinds, a simple one to balance out the more elaborate/messy one.
Simple, but tasty! I know I shoulda blogged about these right after as I had so many thoughts about 'em, but oh well.

And now...

Name: Pandamonium
Soundtrack: uh... maybe the t.v.?? I don't recall. Then nothing when I assembled them.

I made the cupcakes the night before. I didn't have the energy or the desire really to put them together. The air was thick and I was sluggish. There was nothing memorable about the baking of, which is always good.
Sunday morning with only about 2 hours to assemble here is the beginning of the madness.
Those will be the little panda bear faces. The mini marshmallows shape the muzzle.The start of the faces looks a little creepy, I admit, but they do get cuter, I promise. I wouldn't show up to a baby shower with killer panda cupcakes, not for my sister anyway. She is SO not the type!
The book I was using called for chocolate covered sunflower seeds for the noses and chocolate Os cereal for the ears. I clearly had neither of those accessible to me... I used raisinets for the noses. A little heavy, but they held up okay. I was really saddened when I discovered, last minute, that my grocery store did not carry any sort of cereal that had chocolate Os!! Seriously?! I even considered buying frosted Cheerios and coating them with chocolate. Yea, then I reality checked myself. I ended up with Sno-Cap candy. I thought they were going to be bigger discs of chocolate not the chocolate chips they turned out to be. I was disappointed with that.

And here the final results as you. Here's a little tip I learned while transporting these little guys... If you are using tissue paper as a decorative measure, tape it down to the cookie sheet if you have to drive with them!! Haha. I almost had several little heart attacks as the paper slid about on turns. Thankfully no bears where harmed in the transportation! They were, however, devoured later in the day with not even a blink of an eye from anyone. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment